QCAD is an application built to help its users in computer aided drafting, and is specialized in 2D projects.
With QCAD you will be able to create technical drawings such as plans for buildings, interiors, mechanical parts or schemas and diagrams.
Here are some key features of "QCad":
· Various Metrical and Imperial units
· Blocks (grouping)
· Support for TrueType fonts
· 35 CAD fonts included
· Printing on multiple pages
· DXF and DWG input and output
· Printing to scale
· Over 40 construction tools
· Construction and modification of points, lines, arcs, circles, ellipses, splines, polylines, texts, dimensions, hatches, fills, raster images - See more at: http://www.ribbonsoft.com/en/qcad#sthash.1WvLtg73.dpuf
· Over 20 modification tools
· Measuring tools
· Various powerful entity selection tools
· Object snaps
· Part library with over 4800 CAD parts
· Very complete and extremely powerful ECMAScript scripting interface
· This demo version terminates after 10 to 15 minutes after which it can be restarted.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Read and write support for DXF/DWG 2013 (R27)
· Read support for DGN (experimental)
· Select all visible entities in current view
· Option added for projection in real measures ('isometric drawing').
· Option added to rotate selection on the fly, while projecting.
· Project entities onto isometric cylinder (e.g. drilling through cylinder).
· Project top view of entities on cylinder to side view of entities on cylinder.
· Purge unused layers
· Purge unused blocks
· Number of segments used when exploding splines, ellipses.
Implemented feature requests:
· FS#743 - After editing a Block back to th...