Pyxel Edit is an easy to use drawing application that allows freeform drawing or you can use tiles.
You can place multiple tiles at once and allows you to make tile sets. Pyxel Edit is targeted towards game developers.
Pyxel Edit is written using Adobe AIR and can be run on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Pyxel Edit":
· Draw in one tile and they all update instantly. This is handy when making tilesets because you can see how your tiles work together as a whole while editing them.
· Tile instances can be rotated and flipped, still referencing the same tile data.
· Pyxel Edit can import images of tilesets or mockups and identify all the unique tiles automatically, allowing you to edit and rearrange old tilesets or doing edits of mockups easily.
· Export your canvas tilemap in XML or plain text format for super quick game prototyping.
· Adobe AIR
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Increased max zoom to 2000%.