Pixen is a powerful image editing application designed to work at pixel level. Pixen is very useful if you are working with small art at very high zoom factors, and many of its features are especially suited for this purpose.
Pixen allows you to work with layers so you will be able to take control of your image's composition and encapsulate its logical components for effective editing.
All in all, Pixen includes advanced functionality that will improve the workflow of an artist of any medium.
NOTE: To buy Pixen via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Pixen":
· Create and arrange image frames in the filmstrip view to piece together animations; export animations as animated GIFs or even spritesheets!
· Leverage Pixen's wide array of tools when composing pixel art: Pencil, Eraser, Eyedropper, Zoom, Rectangular Selection, Magic Wand, Lasso, Move, Fill, Line, Rectangle, and Ellipse.
· Take advantage of the flexibility layers provide when working with complex pixel art.
· Add and organize commonly-used colors into palettes.
· Define custom patterns to use while drawing with the pencil, line, or eraser tool (instead of a single pixel).
· Pick a flat, striped or checkered background (or even a custom image) to be drawn beneath the canvas.
Grid + Alignment Crosshair:
· Let the grid and the alignment crosshair guide you in placing pixels just where you want them.
· While editing at high zoom levels, use the Preview window to view the canvas scaled out; play back animations in the Preview window.
Left and Right Tools:
· Assign a different tool to the left and right mouse button. For example: pencil on the left; eraser on the right.
· Pixen supports pressure-sensitive drawing tablets and maps pressure to color opacity.
· Customize tool hotkeys to ease the transition from other image editors.
· Work with all your favorite tools in full screen mode on OS X Lion.
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Tool Properties are now displayed in the new Properties Bar beneath the toolbar in document windows.