Pinta is a free and open source drawing / editing utility built with the Windows-based Paint.NET as a model.
Pinta's main goal is to provide a straightforward and easy to use alternative to GIMP for casual users.
Here are some key features of "Pinta":
· Pinta includes common tools like Paintbrush, Pencil, Shapes, Eraser, and Selections, with more to come.
· Pinta supports multiple layers.
· Pinta provides unlimited levels of Undo/Redo.
Adjustments and Effects:
· Pinta includes a few effects like Invert, Sepia, Black and White, and Auto Level, with more on the way.
· Mono 2.4 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New Features / Improvements:
· Magic Wand tool selection modes (Union, Exclude, Xor, and Intersect).
· Layer blend modes.
· Reduced memory usage in the Open Images Pad (over 100mb in some cases).
· Significantly reduced memory usage for history (only the difference between
· the two images is stored)
· Copy/Paste support for the text tool.
· Improved rendering performance.
· The colour picker tool now supports different sampling sizes, and sampling
· from a single layer or the entire image.
· Improved support for special characters and alternate input methods in the
· text tool.
· Added a Copy Merged command to copy the flattened image/selection to the
· clipboard, instead of just the current layer.
· Added a drop shadow to the canvas.
Improved support for extensions:
· Extensions can be initialized/uninitialized properly, including removing
· any tools/effects that were registered.
· Downloads from remote repositories are now enabled.
· Fixed Bug...