Pic2Icon is a free application that creates beautiful 128x128 Mac OS X icons for your pictures. Simply drop pictures or folders full of pictures onto the application and it will start creating icons.
These icons are applied to the pictures, so you can browse through them in the finder and you will be able to identify them without having to open them!
Here are some key features of "Pic2Icon":
· Creates icons for your pictures
· supports many file types, including TIFF, GIF, JPG, PICT, PDF, PNG, MOV, Photoshop, and many others.
· Written entirely in Objective C/Cocoa to give you the most Mac OS X-ey goodness
· Quits after processing if files were dragged in while app was quit.
· You can now select a tab while dragging files into main window
· Open Recent menu functionality added.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Smart filtering, Pic2Icon doesn't even try to process files if it knows for sure the file has no image, which speeds things up!
· Drag well now lights up in a more Mac OS X way (highlighted instead of bordered)
· Statistics reflect a more accurate way to measure batch process times.
· Now takes 0.0% CPU while idle
· Updated Dutch Localization
· Second Thread Statistics now gone. When I get the threading to work, i'll just have the statistics be cumulative.
· Fixed a UI bug involved with the "Stop Creating Icons" button
· Create dog ear now always saved to prefs properly
· Fixed an NSLayoutManager crashing bug
· Plugged some more memory leaks
· Images with drop shadows now have the proper aspect ratio