Photo Mechanic is a photographer's image browser tool. It may be the answer for professional digital photographers looking for a fast and easy-to-use image browser for digital camera files.
Photo Mechanic is a standalone image browser that lets you view your digital photos with convenience and speed.
Photo Mechanic's innovative batch captioning, renaming, speedy browsing, and Photoshop connectivity features have made it the choice of thousands of photojournalists and professional photographers worldwide.
Photo Mechanic displays the "thumbnails" of photos on a camera disk or folder in a familiar "contact sheet" display windows. You can quickly rotate, preview, copy, delete, tag, rename, and add caption / keyword (IPTC news record) information to photos both individually and in batches.
Photo Mechanic helps you find the best photo amongst several similar shots with its preview display that lets you flip through a group of selected photos at high resolution. Photo Mechanic can then pass the photos you select on to Adobe Photoshop for image retouching.
Here are some key features of "Photo Mechanic":
· Photo Mechanic helps you quickly find your best shots. Custom sorting methods are available for your particular workflow. Multithreaded software works in the background to keep ahead of you, so images appear blazingly fast. You can view your originals full screen, compare similar shots side by side, delete the bad shots, tag photos while watching a slide show, and sort your keepers into multiple folders.
Fast Workflow - Work with batches of Photos to:
· Photo Mechanic's powerful Ingest utility lets you edit your photos while they are being copied from the memory card. Multiple Ingests allow for editing several jobs at the same time. Read the images from the card, flatten the directory structure, apply IPTC stationery (city, state, photographer's name, copyright, etc.), create a backup on a separate disk and rename your files - all in one step.
· You can quickly rotate, preview, copy, delete, tag, watermark, rename, resize, and add IPTC meta-data to photos both individually and in batches. Adjust capture dates and times, change a files resolution, or embed an ICC profile into your JPEGs. Lock previews and pan them around together to compare details efficiently.
· Photo Mechanic makes it easy to add common "IPTC" (or meta-data) information (like city, state, keywords, and caption) to groups of photos at once. Reduce time and improve accuracy when captioning files by using the Code Replacement feature.
· Create web galleries, print contact sheets, transfer photos to an FTP server or upload them to PhotoShelter, Digital Railroad, and the new PhotoShelter Collection uploader. Send photos to your clients via email, or archive your keepers by burning them to CDs or DVDs.
· Configure it your way - Put image meta-data to work to customize your results. Do you want to include shutter speed, aperture and caption information with your prints or web page (and sometimes the date and city, but never the time)? Rename files by photographer & state? Sort photos by city or date? Automatically convert the color profile for web photos so they look their best and stay small? Configure your own preferences or stay with the friendly defaults.
· Rotate your JPEG files without loss of quality.
· Display file Exif information.
· Tag your files during a slideshow presentation.
· The Structured Keywords feature uses a hierarchically arranged controlled vocabulary (CV).
· Use the Show Map command to plot a photo with embedded GPS coordinates in a window using Google maps.
· Sharpen thumbnails for display.
· Full support for IPTC4XMP core specifications - UTF-8 character support.
· Assign a Color Class or 5-star rating.
· Inline spell checking helps you create accurate IPTC captions.
· Write IPTC captions in your choice of language.
· 20 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved the look of the user interface to a more professional dark background.
· Added support for numerous IPTC Extension and PLUS licensing fields.
· Movie files can now be captioned with IPTC using an XMP sidecar file.
· The IPTC dialogs can now be customized to show only the fields of concern, their order in the dialog, and the field headers.
· Improved the speed of browsing by using a faster JPEG implementation (since JPEGs are used for the internal disk cache of thumbnails and previews).
· Ingest can now automatically begin upon mounting of flash cards.
· Added the ability to choose maximum file size (with a minimum quality) for the JPEG Save As command.
· You can now upload a photo directly from the IPTC Info dialog.
· Improved the speed of sorting and filtering by using an internal database cache for image preferences such as rating and for image capture time.
· Added the ability to sort by Date or Name in the Favorites / Navigator panes.
· Added a Tasks section underneath the Navigator to show...