JIBS is an free and open source image browser with a full-screen slide show, image sorting, and a printable contact sheet.
The image viewer is perfect for rotating digital pictures and sorting them into correct directories. Also great for managing downloaded images.
JIBS runs on any platform with Java installed: Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, etc.
Here are some key features of "JIBS":
· Preview, save & print thumbnails sheets of you pictures
· CheckmarkUseful for when you aren't at the computer
· CheckmarkYou select the size of the thumbnails
· Run Slide Shows in Full-Screen mode
· Automatically resizes pictures down to fit screen
· Use key board to control manual slide shows
· CheckmarkGo forward one picture with the space bar, down arrow, right arrow
· Checkmark Go backward one picture with up arrow, left arrow
· Checkmark Go forward/backward 10% with page down/up
· Checkmark Go to beginning/end with home/end
· Use Mouse wheel to go forward and backward
· Automatically flip pictures at an adjustable interval
· Manual controls continue to work during automatic flipping
· Easy to see data recorded with picture (camera type, date taken, etc.)
· Rotate pictures +(-)90° by with Left or Right buttons
· Resize the pictures 10% with Shrink or Grow buttons
· Save the modified picture with the Save button
· Easily switch the view directory
· Several options for viewing files
· See the directorys you have to sort among
· See file count for each directory
· Create, rename, delete directories
· Scroll through directory with large resized picture
· Drag pictures to correct directory
· View file list of directory while scrolling through it
· Drag files from the file list to the sorted directory
· Checkmark Move or copy the file
· Rename single files
· Prepend words to the names of a group of files
· Checkmark Especially useful for camera downloads. For example, prepend "soccer" to a group files creating soccerP00001.jpg from P00001.jpg
· Drag & Drop works with native file systems
· Rename camera files with thier date and time
· Checkmark Downloads from cameras are typically named something like P00001.jpg This will rename the file to something like 2003.12.27-18.09.16.jpg giving the exact date and time the picture was taken, formatted to sort correctly in file listings. Works by reading the time and date information recorded when the picture was taken.
· Dedup pictures within a directory or across directories
· Rename a group of files by appending a unique designator
· Checkmark Especially useful for internet downloads where the downloads can have the same names (for example 001.jpg). JIBS will generate a new unique name like 001zxy00001.jpg. The next 001.jpg you download would be renamed with a different number like 001zxy00045.jpg. So now when you drag and drop there won't be name clashes.
· Strain out all non-image files
· Checkmark Strained files are placed in Park for your perusal
· Resize a group of files
· Optimize a group of files
· Checkmark Useful for downloaded files that are slow to display
· Merge a group of files
· CheckmarkUseful for recombining a movie split into several mpeg files
· Java 4 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added buttons to tool bar: First, Fast Back, Page Back, Back, Forward, Page Forward, Fast Forward, End
· Added a magnifying glass to tool bar for single picture view.
· Added option on resize view to grow picture to fill space if smaller than available space.
· Middle mouse-wheel button now does a page down when pressed.
· Small button panel to move for no resize added to bottom of file list.
· JIBS now correctly remembers the last viewed directory.
· Move history for doing future moves now shows up on file info popup. This lets you move one file someplace without moving the selected files.
· Delete and Park on the file info pop-up now work correctly. For thumbnails and group, they moved the selected file, not the file in the popup.
· If you renamed a directory in the tree, you could not drop files into subdirectories until you reloaded the tree. Now you can.
· Mouse buttons now work on group display.
· After some moves, was jumping to first file instead of the next file.
· In some cases, returning from f...