Inkist can be considered your drawing tablet's best friend - it takes the features artists need: Layers, blend modes, customizable brushes, and more, and packages it in an interfaced designed to get out of your way and let you work.
Currently, Inkist is only a bitmap drawing/painting app (no vector tools included).
NOTE: To buy Inkist via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Inkist":
· Layers, with blend modes, opacity, and opacity locking settings
· Color Palette with adjustable brightness and temperature controls
· Customizable Brush Parameters: Size, Size (Under light tablet pressure), Softness, Pattern (from image or layer), Flow, Opacity, Opacity (Under light tablet pressure), Scatter, Size Jitter, Lighten/Darken/Normal Blending, more...
· Blending tool
· Line tool
· Selection tools
· Hue Saturation Lightness controls
· Flexible interface allows you to pop out the controls you want into floating windows
· Export to Jpeg, PNG, and Tiff (proprietary ISImage file format is Native)
· 64-bit processor
· The Lite version allows you to create images with up to 3 layers.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Adds Dodge/Burn blending brush tools
· Now opens and saves .psd files (layer names, opacities, and blend modes not supported)
· Changes default brushes in accordance with iPad version
· Improves support for sharing files with Inkist on iPad
· Added menu option to load the default brushes on top of currently existing brushes
· Fixes bugs with deleting and hiding layers
· HSL Tool now previews in real time