GrafX2 is a vintage looking cross-platform bitmap paint application that focuses on 256-color drawing, and features a wide range of paint tools and effects.
GrafX2 is designed to be used especially in pixel art, game graphics, and other detailed graphics that are created with the mouse.
GrafX2 is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the GrafX2 utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "GrafX2":
· Less classical tools
· Palette control
· Image editing with up to 256 colors
· Classic tools: pen, brush, shapes, etc.
· Transparency, smoothing, smearing
· Extensive and customizable shortcuts
· Shading mode
· Grid mode
· Patterned mode
· Dual-view mode
· Extensive palette editor
· Unusual screen modes
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added 2 irtual keyboards for portable console ports - one to easily enter filenames or text for text tool, another one for all numeric input.
· Magnifier settings for Main page and Spare page are now synchronized, if the images hae same dimensions ( issue 327 )
· Many new Lua functions for scripting
· Improed the color matching formula used in 'Copy to Spare' and 'Recolorize brush'
· Rotating a brush while holding 'Shift' key now snaps to the closest 22.5° multiple)
· Added color cycling animation ( issue 365 ). Animation can be actie een when drawing.
· Paintbrush window can be customized with your own brushes ( issue 345 ). It also highlights the selected one.
· The colorpicker cursor, (in zoomed iew) no longer displays a preiew pixel.
· Fixed the bottom line of pixels in the magnifier: The bottom row can no longer be too thin.
· Redesigned Settings window. Now contains all settings that were only aailable in gfx2.ini
· Safety backups (after a crash or power failure) now remember the original file nam...