Working with raster imagery does not have to be complicated. Geographic Imager is a user-friendly mapping software that lets you use Adobe Photoshop for easily working with spatial imagery.
Geographic Imager adds tools to import, edit, manipulate and export geospatial images such as aerial and satellite imagery.
Enjoy the use of native Adobe Photoshop functions such as transparencies, filters, pixel editing, and image adjustments like brightness, contrast, and curve controls while maintaining spatial referencing.
Geographic Imager supports GeoTIFF in Adobe Photoshop and other industry standard raster formats. Mosaic and tile images, change projections, transform, rectify and georeference images based on ground control points.
Batch-process your imagery using Geographic Imager and Adobe Photoshop scripting capabilities. Geographic Imager is a great companion to MAPublisher for Adobe Illustrator - prepare images in Geographic Imager and use them in MAPublisher.
Also, please note that Geographic Imager has the following characteristics:
· Fully compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 (also known as Photoshop 12.1 in Adobe CS5.5)
· New Pixel-As-Point option: A new preference is available when saving GeoTIFF images. The Pixel-As-Point reference method option uses the center of the pixel as the reference point.
· New Create Single Layer option in Terrain Shader: A new option in Terrain Shader creates a single colorization layer when multiple DEM layers are present.
· Various bug fixes and performance improvements
Here are some key features of "Geographic Imager":
· Georeference images easily by adding ground control points. Manually add control points, import or export points from a text file, and view accuracy and errors. Use the Quick Georeference option to make georeferencing even easier. Multiple transformation types are supported.
· Any image format that can be opened and displayed by Adobe Photoshop can form the basis for a spatial image.
· Import common spatial formats such as GeoTIFF, MapInfo TAB and World files. Import digital elevation formats such as ESRI GRID, BIL, and USGS DEM, and additional 2D GIS raster formats such as MrSID, NITF, PCI and more. Preview the image and pre-crop any part of it using GeoCrop Import to save memory and time.
· Extensive support for thousands of geographic and projected coordinate systems. Easily transform between geodetic and projected coordinate systems. Need to define your own coordinate system? Create one or edit an existing definition and save it for future use. Manage custom transformations in an easy to use coordinate system browser.
· Snapping images together not working? Mosaic individual images to create a seamless image. Mosaicked images retain spatial referencing and can be individually modified using Adobe Photoshop tools and transformed using Geographic Imager.
· Also, tile an image into multiple images by tile size or count and automatically save them using sequential naming. Tiles retain spatial referencing making it ideal to import into MAPublisher without any trouble.
· Adobe Photoshop CS3** / CS4 / CS5
· 2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)
· 300 MB of available hard-disk space
· DVD-ROM drive