GLFW is a free and easy to use, open source and portable framework for OpenGL application development.
GLFW also provides functions accessing OpenGL extensions, creating and synchronizing threads and reading textures from files.
GLFW is available for Mac OS X, Windows, and Unix-like systems such as Linux, Solaris and FreeBSD.
Here are some key features of "GLFW":
- Texture loading support (from memory buffers and Targa image files)
- Near 100% compatibility between supported platforms
- It's Open Source with a liberal license
- Support for most popular C/C++ compilers
- Comprehensive documentation
- It adds support for OpenGL 4 and precise scrolling deltas on OS X and fixes for a number of bugs that together affect all supported platforms