Fragment is a cool and no-frills OS X alternative image viewer application for your Mac's desktop.
Supported file formats: JPEG (image/jpeg), TIFF (image/tiff), PNG (image/png), GIF (image/gif), TGA (image/x-tga), BMP (image/bmp), PSD (image/vnd.adobe.photoshop), JPEG 2000 (image/jp2), JNG (image/x-jng), MNG (video/x-mng), EXR (image/x-exr), HDR (image/vnd.radiance), DDS (image/x-dds), PFM (image/x-portable-floatmap), PGM (image/x-portable-graymap), PPM (image/x-portable-pixmap), PBM (image/x-portable-bitmap), CD (image/x-photo-cd), PICT (image/x-pict), IFF (image/x-iff), PCX (image/x-pcx), CMU (image/x-cmu-raster), WBM (image/vnd.wap.wbmp), CUT (image/x-cut), ILBM (image/x-ilbm), XBM (image/x-xbitmap), XPM (image/x-xpixmap), G3 (image/fax-g3), SGI (image/x-sgi), KOALA (image/x-koala),
NOTE: To download Fragment via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Fragment":
· Unique HUD UI. Both attractive and useful for keeping image content at maximum screen real-estate.
· Unique "Fill view" viewing option. Equivalent to Pan-And-Scan, this mode maximizes the use of application window, perfect for Panoramic pictures long tall funny pics from the net.
· Unique unconstrained Pan. The image can freely be moved around, without it being stuck to the edges of the window, perfect for viewing details, located on the edges or corners of the image.
· Pan and Zoom are preserved from one image to the next while browsing to easily compare the same section of two or more images. Optional, can be turned off.
· A browser-like BACK button, to navigate the history of viewed images and directories.
· Fast, resizable thumbnails for images in the current directory.
· Native and custom fullscreen. Custom fullscreen does not blank out the remaining screens.
· Fast app startup and image loading, fluid onscreen image navigation.
· High Dynamic Range Image support (HDR, EXR, PFM, TIFF).
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Re-enabled OpenGL support for smoother interaction and animations.
· Improved filtering of the on-screen image.
· Improved browsing speed of big images, by better utilizing pre-cache.
· Size of a zoomed image will be preserved while browsing, so there will be no sudden, unexpected "jumps" when moving from a small image to a big one or the reverse.
· Implemented double tap. It will toggle b/w fit image and zoom to 100% on mouse position.
· Fixed crash when the menu is closed while "Open With" or "Share" sub-menus are still loading.
· Other small improvements.