Spectrum is a user-friendly and straightforward OS X app inspired by the principles of color theory.
Spectrum was created to help you easily and intuitively create gorgeous looking color schemes using your Mac.
NOTE: To buy Spectrum via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Spectrum":
· Create color schemes based on harmony rules
· Instantly explore tints and shades for a given color to fine tune the palette
· Automatically create color schemes from a photograph - great for inspirations
· Organize your palettes and create a searchable collection of color schemes
· Export your color schemes to CSS and ASE (for use in Adobe's Creative Suite)
· Import colors from existing CSS and ASE files
· Instantly preview your color schemes using a variety of visualizations
· Configurable color profiles
· Multiple color wheel models - perceptual and uniform.
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved extraction of colors from pictures
· Support for exporting and importing CLR files
· Support for exporting to the system color panel
· Improved color space preferences (including live-update)
· The improved screen color picker is now pixel-precise on retina displays
· Add swatches directly from the shades and tints matrix
· Live update for the shades and tints matrix
· Preference option for preventing the color inspector from hiding when app is not in focus
· The enter/return key can now be used for entering multiple tags
· Miscellaneous performance improvements and bug fixes