Pencil is a free and open source cross-platform tool for GUI prototyping and making diagrams that everyone can use.
Pencil is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Binaries for the Windows and Linux platforms are available on the project's homepage.
Here are some key features of "Pencil":
- Built-in stencils for diagraming and prototyping
- Multi-page document with background page
- Inter-page linkings!
- On-screen text editing with rich-text supports
- Exporting to HTML, PNG, Openoffice.org document, Word document and PDF.
- Undo/redo supports
- Installing user-defined stencils and templates
- Standard drawing operations: aligning, z-ordering, scaling, rotating...
- Adding external objects
- Personal Collection
- Clipart Browser
- Object snapping
- Sketchy Stencil
- Compatibility issue with latest XRE/Firefox in PNG export is now resolved.
- Long toolbar in small screen is now scrollable.
- Enhanced stencil generator that has better support for Inkscape SVG files.
- Better algorithm for splitting properties in the property editor dialog