You can immediately begin to create three-dimensional elements without needing to start from a two-dimensional plan.
Elements such as walls, floors, roofs, and stairs are created from the onset in their full three-dimensional form. Watch the 3D model change in real time as you design in plan.
Domus.Cad's strong 3D capabilities are matched by its equally impressive array of 2D CAD tools. This will make it just as easy to produce a full set of presentation and construction documents as it is to create the architectural model itself.
NOTE: To receive the password needed to open the downloaded .dmg go HERE.
Here are some key features of "Domus.Cad":
· With Domus.Cad you can immediately begin to create three-dimensional elements without needing to start from a two-dimensional plan. Elements such as walls, floors, roofs, and stairs are created from the onset in their full three-dimensional form.
Easy to learn:
· Domus.Cad is intuitive and easy to learn. Uncomplicated procedures of element insertion, movement, and modification allow you to progress easily through all phases of the design process.
Interactive 3D and walkthroughs:
· Domus.Cad offers true interactive design capabilities. You can keep the 3D window open while you design in plan and watch the model change in real time as you draw. Domus.Cad also allows you to simulate different lighting conditions and do walkthroughs in real time, a definite plus for helping the client understand 3D architectural space. You can directly edit the 3D model elements in the 3D Window.
· The model created with Domus.Cad can be exported in QucikDraw 3D Metafile format and other formats including Art*lantis, DXF 3D and DWG. A land model created with DomusTerra, Nonio C, or other modeling programs can be imported by Domus.Cad, where it may be viewed and elaborated along with the architectural model. The reverse operation may also be performed: an architectural model may be exported to DomusTerra or Nonio C (in QD3D MetaFile format) where it can be placed directly on the modeled landscape.
· Importing of the most part of the graphic formats: TIFF, JPG, PICT, GIF, TGA, BMP, PNG and many others.
· An exclusive "fusion" process immediately joins the various wall elements, as they are placed, moved or changed, allowing a quick and easy creation of the initial drawing.
2D and 3D tools and parameters:
· Drawings can be rendered using fills and materials. Fills can be applied to both 2D and 3D elements. Fill tiles can also be used, allowing you to create your own fills. Each element may also be assigned a material containing color and reflective properties. Expandable entourage libraries offer the ability to add additional interest.
· Modeling features allow you to extrude and rotate 3D forms from any drawn polygon, along a line, a 3D path or around any axes, making it easy to model furniture, building cornices, structural elements, and any unusual architectural form.
· Domus.Cad has an internal option for multiple-sheet paging with a preview window. Drawings and images are paged directly from the various working layers. If the drawings are changed after they are paged, it is not necessary to re-paginate them, the sheet is updated automatically.
· Automatic sections/elevations
· A project can also be viewed at any stage of development in a series of automatically-generated 2D and 3D views (sections, elevations, axons, and perspectives). Once generated, these views can be touched up or modified directly in Domus.Cad.
A compleat 2D tools set:
· Domus.Cad's strong 3D capabilities are matched by its equally impressive array of 2D CAD tools. This makes it just as easy to produce a full set of presentation and construction documents as it is to create the architectural model itself.
Artl*antis render integration:
· A Domus.Cad model can be exported to rendering programs such as Art*lantis to create photorealistic images and movies. Domus.Cad and Art*lantis make up a complete architectural software package.
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Isometric and diametric views
· New user interface
· Contextual menus
· Multi-page PDF support
· DWG-DXF 2012
· DOCFA Export