Comical is a cross-platform, open-source CBR and CBZ reader. You can read your favorite scanned comic books and graphic novels with Comical's absurdly easy GUI and in-your-face double page display.
Here are some key features of "Comical":
· Single-Page or Double-Page display modes.
· Several zoom modes - Fit, Fit-to-Width, Fit-to-Height, Original, and Custom.
· Crisp image scaling with algorithms adapted from FreeImage 3.
· Autodetects double pages scanned together and displays it accordingly.
· Page rotation.
· Full-Screen mode.
· Left-to-Right or Right-to-Left browsing.
· Displays JPG, GIF, and PNG images.
· Supports RAR(.cbr) and ZIP(.cbz) comic book archives
· Supports all encrypted RAR archives as well as ZIP archives with pkzip 2.04g
· gcc 3.3 or later
· wxWidgets 2.6.2 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Even faster than ever before, thanks to numerous cleanups and fixes
· Memory leak in ComicBook::Entry() fixed
· Only pages are shown in full-screen mode
· Google Local style scrolling: just drag to move the page!
· Thumbnail browser
· No longer blocks when the page is not ready
· Now using unzip and unrar libraries directly
· Password-protected ZIPs and RARs now supported
· Using wxSizers to layout window instead of doing it by hand
· Right-to-Left mode implemented
· Fit-only-if-Oversized implemented
· Using events to pass information between classes
· make install, install-strip, uninstall, distclean targets
· Makefile checks dependencies correctly now
· TIFF support taken out for simplicity, size
· Linux and Windows icons improved
· Scaling takes neighboring pages into account
· Matching rotation icons
· Icons in menus
· Using PNGs instead of XPMs and ICOs for icons