Image overlay software for Mac
Overlay allows you to display any image in a semitransparent floating window.
- The Overlay window can be resized and positioned like any normal window, and the controls in The Overlay Control panel (which can also be repositioned) enables you to scale (resize), rotate and position your image within the window. You can also control the opacity of the main window, and show or hide it as required. The Overlay windows continue to float over ALL other windows on your Mac unless you hide the main window, reduce its opacity to zero, or quit.
- You can also reposition the overlay image by holding down the SPACEBAR while you mouse over the overlay image window (like in Adobe Photoshop). To control opacity in the main window hold SHIFT while mousing. To rotate the image in the main window hold down COMMAND(APPLE) while mousing, and to scale (resize) the image in the main window, hold ALT while mousing. The image can also be positioned using the arrow keys.
- You can switch the Overlay image on and off by using the Show/Hide button (you can also reduce the transparency to zero or increase to 100% using the Opacity slider, to get the same effect). To replace the image in the Overlay window, just open a new file.
- Overlay behaves slightly differently to other Apple applications because its windows are ALWAYS visible (otherwise they would not be much use). If you have clicked on a background application and you want to get BACK to Overlay, just click on one of its windows.
- Hide or show the main Overlay window using the Window>Hide menu, or the shortcut key CMND-H. You can also hide the Overlay Control Panel using CMND-K, or from the Window menu. For other leyboard shortcuts, see their menu items. Be careful when you have BOTH Overlay and Control windows hidden - you need to have the Overlay application active (check in the menu bar) to be able to make either of the windows visible again.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Runs on Windows as well as Mac.
- Overlay image can be FLOATED to allow working straight through it.