ChocoFlop is a graphics manipulation Mac-based solution.
ChocoFlop is based entirely on Core Image.
ChocoFlop allows you to edit your photos or design stuff using Apple's CoreImage technology. It takes advantage of the power of your graphics card (GPU). Thanks to this it is able to show real-time previews of filters and keep modifications live for as long as you want.
This means that you can add for example a blur filter on your text and keep everything dynamic. You can change the strength of your blur filter at any time or edit your text, the blur will apply on the updated text. That's called non-destructive image edition and it really saves you a lot of time.
It's small and fast because it's designed exclusively for your mac!
Unlike well established image editing monster tools, ChocoFlop only weighs a few megabytes and launches in two seconds on a cheap mac. ChocoFlop has beeen designed from the ground up to run on mac using the latest technology available.
Save for web
All operations in ChocoFlop are done in full color (or even HDR) but when it comes to the web you want to get the smallest possible size. ChocoFlop interfaces with the command-line power of ImageMagick to help you save the smallest possible jpeg, gif or png files in a simple and intuitive interface.
Here are some key features of "ChocoFlop":
We'll do it Live! Non-destructive image editing:
· Chain multiple filters without applying them: modify them or remove them when you want
· Rotate and scale your layers without applying the transformation on the pixels: zero loss of quality.
· Unlimited layers and sub-folders
· Layer masks, even for dynamic filters
· Built-in HDR support (High Dynamic Range).
Filters and tools designed to take advantage of your graphics card's power:
· Dozens of filters included, more with standard CoreImage plugins.
· Mix your layers with all industry standard blending modes and more.
· All the tools you can need to either retouch or create.
File Formats and save for web:
· Load and save to dozens of formats.
· Import RAW images, including rare formats thanks to dcraw.
· Export to Jpeg, PNG, or GIF and obtain the smallest possible sizes.
· Fine tune exportation with a real time preview (quality, colors, strip information)
Rich Text Layers and PDF/AI layers:
· Rich Text with all imaginable attributes : change fonts, colors, alignment, spacing... basically anything TextEdit can do.
· Stored as simple RTF files for easy import/export.
· Text can be affected by non-destructive filters, just like any other layer. You can for example apply a Perspective filter on a text and then edit this text and see the perspective update in real-time.
· Import PDF and Adobe Illustrator (.ai) files as layers
A good mac citizen:
· ChocoFlop is a native mac application: this means there's no slow compatibility or portability code around. It's made for mac only. The application download file is only about two megabytes.
· ChocoFlop can generate both preview and thumbnail images for in QuickLook (requires OSX 10.5 Leopard).
· Spotlight plugin to efficiently tag and search your images (currently in development)
Advanced yet familiar GUI:
· Full Screen mode.
· Real Time Preview for all filters and transformations.
· Industry standard shortcuts and user interface.
· Easy transition from much more expensive packages
· 1 Ghz G4 class Mac.
· 512 MB of RAM.
· At least a Radeon or Nvidia - 32 MB Graphics Card.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version has a small dcraw update which is now version 8.93.
· File requester now works with .rw2 and .rwl files.