CanLinkIt is a Photoshop plugin to that allows you to link any PSD or image file and photoshop files to another. With one click, you can update to the latest version or even update all links.
Let's say you used a button in three places and then update the style of the button; with only one click on "Update All" you can update all three.
CanLinkIt is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X and Windows.
Here are some key features of "CanLinkIt":
Linking Saves Time:
· Do you have a pile of Photoshop files that include parts of each other? With CanLinkIt you can "link" them together -- the Photoshop file includes other Photoshop files. Then if you edit the included file, it's only one click to update.
Smaller Photoshop File Size:
· By using links instead of copying files in, you can keep your individual files smaller. Have you noticed that Photoshop can be slow with big files? You can structure your files so that you have a larger number of smaller files that are easy to update.
Have Multiple People Edit PSDs More Easily:
· Using CanLinkIt and collaboration tools like DropBox, you can edit one file while your teammate is working on a piece of that file, and it's only one click to merge them. Doesn't that sound easier than sending copies of files back and forth and merging layers together?
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The panel now includes a link to the original file.
· If you open a linked smart object, it will no longer update the original file automatically -- you will need to do this manually. (It previously did it automatically but it very slowly walked through every layer in the file due to some limitations in Photoshop we have not been able to work around).
· If you open a linked smart object, it will no longer ask you to edit the original. Instead, it will ask you to click the link in the CanLinkIt panel (this is because, due to Photoshop limitations we could not find a way around)