Atangeo Balancer Lite is a tool that allows you to find perfect balance between visual appearance and the number of polygons. Balancer Lite also features a fast and efficient triangle reordering to dramatically speed up rendering of your 3D models.
Balancer Lite utilizes a high quality, high performance polygon reduction (aka polygon simplification or decimation) to preserve the visual appearance of your model.
Polygon reduction is computed for all possible levels of detail (LOD) in one shot. This entire LOD hierarchy allows you instantly pick a required optimized model that gives the best trade-off between visual appearance and the number of triangles.
Modern graphics hardware and rendering applications utilize memory and vertex cache to dramatically speed up rendering and geometry processing. To make your models benefit from this, Balancer features a fast and efficient triangle reordering.
Balancer Lite is fully functional but works with small meshes only.
The limits for a single mesh are 15000 triangles and 10000 vertices.
If your entire model is large but has many small independent meshes or layers, you can still use Balancer Lite. Before loading your model, enable Balancer to split the model into independent meshes in Tools | Options | Importers | Wavefront .obj.
NOTE: Balancer Lite can be used for non-commercial purposes in non-business, non-commercial environment only.
Here are some key features of "Balancer Lite":
· High quality, high performance mesh simplification
· Construction of the entire LOD hierarchy in one shot
· An advanced user interface to instantly select an optimized model with the desired number of triangles
· Texture coordinates preservation
· Normals can be either preserved or recomputed
· Preservation and simplification of the model boundaries
· Boundaries defined by discontinuities of materials, layers, texture coordinates are supported
· Balancer also allows you to visualize the boundaries
· Joining of vertices given a user-specified threshold
· Joining of normals and texture coordinates to eliminate corresponding false boundaries
· Effective, high performance mesh stripification
· Fast and intelligent triangle reordering for best visualization performance
· depending on your rendering method
· Target rendering methods are
· triangle strips, general rendering, array/buffer/index based rendering
· Balancer Lite is offering support for the following 3D formats: Wavefront (.obj)
· Supported image formats: JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, PPM, PBM
· Works with small models only. The limit for a single mesh is 15,000 triangles.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· new: decimon has been released
· fixed: rare start up delays on Mac OS X
· several minor fixes and improvements