ArtOptimizer is a LinkOptimizer for Adobe Illustrator. If you are familiar with LinkOptimizer for InDesign then you already know what ArtOptimizer does (with some exceptions, see below) and how to use it.
ArtOptimizer is a tool created for Adobe Illustrator that reduces the size of linked images by eliminating excessive image data.
ArtOptimizer will automatically reduce the image resolution and scale the images in Photoshop according to their dimensions in the Illustrator document and the target resolution specified, and reimport them to Illustrator at 100%.
ArtOptimizer also lets you automatically convert image colors and apply Photoshop sharpening filters.
ArtOptimizer is a standalone application. It processes the current frontmost document of Illustrator CS or CS2.
Illustrator provides much more limited information about its documents than InDesign, which leads to several differences between LinkOptimizer and ArtOptimizer:
· ArtOptimizer won't crop the images,
· Users will need to make sure there're no modified links in Illustrator - ArtOptimizer won't check the link status,
· Only the following image formats are supported: llustrator CS2 - EPS, TIFF, PSD, JPEG; Illustrator CS - EPS, PSD.
Here are some key features of "ArtOptimizer":
· Save valuable disk space.
· Save hours - and even days - of optimizing images manually.
· Accelerate document printing and exporting to PDF (for image rich projects, the output time can be reduced from hours to minutes).
· Save time when transferring jobs to outside sources.
· Reduce job cost through faster processing by service providers.
· Speed up your overall job turnaround.
· Adobe Illustrator CS/CS2
· Adobe Photoshop CS/CS2
· 30 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· ArtOptimizer now always warns if image backup folder has not been selected before processing.
· Fixed an issue in which choosing the Deactivation menu could result in a crash.