uCON64 is a port of an open source command line tool with many features for backing up, handling, managing, restoring, splitting, joining, converting and patching ROMs and more. Supports a large number of video game consoles and handhelds.
Here are some key features of "uCON64":
· It is Free/Open Source Software. (Therefore) support for MANY platforms like: Unix, Win32, MSDOS, etc...
· Support for 14+ different cartridge and disc-based video game console systems
· Support for ALL common patch file formats like: IPS *), APS, BSL, PPF and Game Genie *) with RLE compression
· Support for RomCenter Data files
· Support for more than 20 different backup units to backup/restore ROM(s), disc(s) and SRAM(s) like: Flash Advance Linker, Flash 2 Advance, Doctor V64 (Junior), Super Wild Card, Game Doctor, Dexdrive, Super Magic Drive, Game Boy Xchanger, Mad Catz Camera Link, Lynxit, MD-PRO, SMS-PRO, PCE-PRO, GG-PRO, Super Flash and more.
· Finally 150+(!) different options/features for every kind of ROM Handling/management known to man :-)
· *VERY* verbose ROM information for ALL systems, detection of bad dumps using internal checksums or DAT files, CRC32, SHA1 and MD5 calculation, ROM Comparison, modification (strip, pad, etc...), SRAM conversion (emulator backup unit), DiscJuggler and Nero image conversions, complete gzip and zip support for all file-related functions, etc...
· Always up-to-date with support for new trends, formats, and headers like UNIF (NES), NSRT (SNES), etc...
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· updated (GBA) fixed F2A USB send code (by dbjh; many thanks to David Gauchard for feedback, testing and sending a patch to fix the problem)
· updated (N64) cleaned up Doctor V64 Junior transfer source code (by dbjh; thanks to TenOfTen and GameCopierUser0666 for testing)
· updated (SNES) added new SWC "I/O mode" 0x100, dump BIOS (by dbjh)
· updated (GB) improved ROM info (by dbjh)
· updated (GB) fixed problem with dumping "Rocket Games" cartridges with the Game Boy Xchanger (by dbjh; thanks to Anna Kubisty for reporting the problem and testing, and thanks to Cowering for his help and providing us with the necessary information)
· updated (GB) cleaned up Game Boy Xchanger transfer source code (by dbjh; many thanks to Anna Kubisty for testing)
· added (DC) --scr scramble 1ST_READ.BIN for selfboot CDs (by NoisyB)
· added (DC) --unscr unscramble 1ST_READ.BIN for non-selfboot CDs (by NoisyB)
· added (DC) --mkip generate IP.BIN file with default values (by NoisyB)
· added (DC) --parse=TEMPLATE parse TEMPLATE...