iSwiff is a tool that can be used to play movies, animations and flash games within your web browser.
You can enjoy the fullscreen experience without ads. iSwiff plays most .SWF files and uses the Macromedia web lug in for playing video.
Here are some key features of "iSwiff":
· Playing Flash files - Drag the Flash file onto iSwiff, or open it from the File menu.
· Full Screen - Resize the window to the size you like, and choose "Full Screen" from the "Window" menu. After 5 seconds, the menu will hide.
· To exit "full screen" move the mouse to the top of your screen and the menu will reappear. Or hit cmd-F. You can also just hit cmd-Q to quit iSwiff.
· Finding Games - Flash games are often designed to be played from your browser, but many are downloadable. Google is useful for finding Flash, but here are some tips on finding games.
· Double-clickable SWF files - Open With iSwiff If you select a SWF file in Finder and use "Get Info" (control-click the file), you can choose which application will open it. You can even let iSwiff become the default application for all Flash files.
· Export To QuickTime - This function has been removed from QuickTime 7.1.3 so it does no longer work in iSwiff. Some Flash files can be exported to QuickTime, as QuickTime has built in support for all Flash features up to Flash 5. Flash files which use newer features may not work well, and Flash files which depend on a network connection may not convert well either. If the Flash file depends on keyboard control like the space key, this export option may work, but the QuickTime Player will intercept the space key and stop the playing of the file.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Signed for Gatekeeper in Mac OS X 10.8.