iRunTrains is an OS X 3D model railroad simulation application that enables you to see various train models.
You can think of iRunTrains as a virtual train set on your Mac, allowing you to control the speed and direction of multiple trains in real-time on a virtual train table.
iRunTrains allows you to see the trains in a variety of fun ways and easily choose between multiple layouts.
Here are some key features of "iRunTrains":
· Full 3D model railroad simulation using OpenGL
· Also a 2D simulation if viewed from above
· Simple keyboard controls that can be learned in minutes
· Three fun track plans to choose from
· Control three trains (speed and direction) at the same time
· Smooth train acceleration simulates momentum
· Full control of all turnouts
· Table View, shows a stationary view of all or part of your layout
· Train View, follows the selected train automatically, as from a helicopter
· Four terrain colors to simulate grass, dirt, sand, and snow
· Artificial horizon option simulates outdoor operation
· Pause feature, stops the simulation when needed
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Both diesel and steam engines that produce exhaust
· Larger variety of rolling stock
· Limited ability to modify train consist (but no coupling/uncoupling yet)
· Sixteen bundled valley and island layouts
· Simulated seaside and lake water.
· Finally some structures. Buildings, bridges, loading docs, etc.
· Automatic train and turnout labels that appear and hide automatically
· SLIF import of both RailModeler v4.0 and v4.1 designs
· Internal optimizations to improve frame-rate performance