XLARN is a unique, fun retro game based on an idea of Noah Morgan from the year 1986.
XLARNconsists of a little village holding alongside the house of the player a bank, a supermarket, a second hand shop, a school and a tax office. At the supermarket the player can buy ahead all the required equipment necessary to explore the widely ramified cave systems.
The intention of XLARN is to find an elixir for the mortally diseased daughter of the player which can only be found in the deepest levels of the `temples of the demons`.
To prepare oneself to the perils of the `temples of the demons` it is essential to explore the `safe` cave system to gain the indispensable knowledge and skills and the necessary physical and mental power.
NOTE: To buy XLARN via the App Store an Apple account is required.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Now the player can be moved diagonally also on Laptops and with Bluetooth-Keyboards.
· This is achieved by simultaneously pressing two cursor-keys (see help-menu).
· The program is not closed after the death of the player. Instead you have the choice between starting a new game ore closing the program.
· The scrolling-bug in non-fullscreen-mode is fixed.
· Appeareance of texts in the actionfield is improved.
· Improved help.