X3: Albion Prelude is an expansion that acts as a bridge between the old and new X Universe.
X3: Albion Prelude plays in a time between the old and the new X Universe. It shows a universe in flux, and prepares players for things to come. The old X Universe is passing; a new X Universe is about to be created.
The X universe is undergoing a period of massive change. What started as a conflict of interest between the Earth and the races of the X Universe has now escalated into a full scale war. Play a part in a war scenario bigger than anything the X Universe has ever seen before!
With the war as a backdrop, corporations are vying for power and are driving the X Universe in a new direction.
A technological breakthrough will soon allow massive accelerators, forming highways in space and allowing the economy to expand on an unprecedented scale. Highways, a key feature of X Rebirth, are not yet ready, but you can see them being built and participate in the power struggles around the construction of much larger self sustaining economies.
NOTE: To buy X3: Albion Prelude via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "X3: Albion Prelude":
· A new plot throws you into the power struggle between corporations at a time of war
· More than 30 new ships and stations
· New Stock Exchange feature allows advanced investment strategies
· Improved graphics quality setting for high end machines
· Improved UI introducing charts to visualize economic developments
· Support for head tracking
· 2.16 GHz or faster CPU
· 1 GB RAM
· GeForce 8600, Radeon X1600 or newer 256MB
· 7GB Hard Disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The latest update includes a new Terran plot and a number of bugfixes.
· While defending the Terran territory against continuous attacks, the USC high command has been prepairing a secret mission to weaken the war efforts of the Commonwealth races for quite a while. Now the time to start "Operation Loose Ends" has come.
· In a series of covert operation missions the player will be sent deep behind enemy lines to help the Terran Federation getting the better of the war again. Rewarded with new technologies the player will be able to change the universe even more than before.
· As well as adding a new plot, the latest development also eradicated some annoying bugs. Amongst others, the ATF rank is linked to the Terran rank now, war ships give player escorts more time to leave the war sectors and war ships will no longer try to self-destruct, once they have been captured. As usual the complete changelog can be found in the documents folder of your X3 Terran Conflict addon directory.