Platform-independent rendering and game engine
Urho3D is heavily inspired by OGRE (http://www.ogre3d.org) and Horde3D (http://www.horde3d.org.)
- Direct3D9 or OpenGL rendering (Shader Model 2 or OpenGL 2.0 required as minimum)
- HLSL or GLSL shaders + offline generation of shader permutations
- Forward, light pre-pass and deferred rendering modes
- Component based scene model
- Skeletal animation with hardware skinning
- Vertex morph animation
- Automatic instancing on SM3 capable hardware
- Point, spot and directional lights
- Shadow mapping for all light types; cascaded shadow maps for directional lights
- Particle rendering
- Auxiliary view rendering (reflections etc.)
- Geometry, material & animation LOD
- Software rasterized occlusion culling
- Task-based multithreading
- Hierarchical performance profiler
- Scene and object load/save in binary and XML format
- Cross-platform support using GLFW and PortAudio (currently runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X)
- Physics using Bullet
- Scripting using AngelScript
- Networking using kNet
- Image loading using stb_image + DXT1/3/5 compressed texture support
- 2D and "3D" audio playback, Ogg Vorbis support using stb_vorbis + WAV format support
- TrueType font rendering using FreeType
- Unicode string support
- Inbuilt UI system
- Scene editor implemented in script
- Model/scene/animation/material import from formats supported by Open Asset Import Library
- Alternative model/animation import from OGRE mesh.xml and skeleton.xml files
- Minimal DLL dependencies (no VS runtime, no D3DX)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Lua scripting support.
- Optional build as a single external library, static or dynamic.
- Raspberry Pi support.
- 64-bit build support.