Trikanoid is a modern remake of the famous Arkanoid arcade game from the 80's.
Trikanoid implements all features of the original game, such as power-ups, the annoying, but sometimes useful aliens and such.
Also, instead of making a true nostalgically remake of Arkanoid (Monochrome graphics, synthetic sounds), the goal of Trikanoid was to implement the same idea on modern computers of today.
Trikanoid is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X and Windows. Binaries for the Windows platform are available on the project's homepage.
Here are some key features of "Trikanoid":
· 33 different levels
· End of game monster (Doh) at level 33
· Different background for each level
· Graphical effects
High quality music:
· 8 different in game music scores
· 8 diffent in game soundscapes
· 4 additional scores, for menu, game won etc.
· Gripping sound effects and voices
· A cool 'old school' intro to the game
· And a lot of other goodies
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for mouse control
· Added toggle for pad movement in main menu
· Added some on-screen instructions