StarMade is an easy to play, fun, Minecraft inspired 3D sandbox space shooting game.
It allows you to create your own ship, add weapons, salvage other ships and destroy enemies.
StarMade is developed using the Java programming language and can be run on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "StarMade":
· Explore generated space
· Design and customize your own ship
· Destroy enemies
· Salvage other ships
· Tutorial mission
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· improved performance of network protocol by removing empty buffer updates on initial transform
· redesigned backend of missiles to improve performance
· controlStructure of SegmentControllers(Ships, etc) is not transmitted compressed at the one time synchronize
· missiles now do extra damage (by radius) to shield (experimental)
· doubled speed of dumb missiles
· amount of pirate spawn per sector now random
· missiles can now change sector. They will however still explode if they try to enter an unloaded sector
· heatseeking missiles now also target ships in other sectors
· Fire and forget missiles can now lock on target in another sector
· fixed bug that would not fully remove physics object of missiles
· fixed missile drawing for missiles of other sectors