SimulationCraft is a free and open-source application that allows you to explore combat mechanics in the popular MMO RPG, World of Warcraft.
In other words, SimulationCraft is a multi-player event driven simulator written in C++ that lets you model player character DPS in various raiding scenarios.
The accuracy of traditional calculators has been eroded by the increasing class synergy and the prevalence of proc-based combat modifiers. These tools rely upon closed-form approximations to model very complex mechanics.
SimulationCraft aims to close the accuracy gap while maintaining a performance level high enough to calculate relative stat weights to aid gear selection.
SimulationCraft allows for raid/party creation of arbitrary size, and generates detailed charts and reports for both individual and raid performance.
In addition, SimulationCraft includes a simple GUI that allows you to download and analyze characters from the Armory.
SimulationCraft can also be launched via the command-line and in this case the player profiles are specified via parameter files.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Performance improvement by caching common stat queries (10%-20% depending upon class)
· Enable residual dot actions (such as Ignite) to work in multi-target scenarios.
· Adjustments to HecticAddCleave fight style
· Rudimentary AOE action lists for Death Knights, Rogues, Hunters, Monks, and Warriors. Note that some AoE abilities are still missing from the simulator.
· Internal item system changes, part I. Only user visible change is the ability to upgrade_level any item, as long as the ilevel of the item is provided.
· Restore target reporting to results
· T15H and T15N profile updates
· Default action list tweaks
· Implement buggy Razorice runeforge from in-game
· Make Cat form GCD reduction only apply to Healing Touch spell, instead of all spells
· Change Feral default action list to use Mangle as the primary Combo Point generator when in low energy situations
· Change T15 2PC pet's Lightning Blast to not benefit from haste
· Inferno Blast now spreads Ign...