Free robot simulator for your Mac
Simbad is mainly dedicated to researchers/programmers who want a simple basis for studying Situated Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and more generally AI algorithms, in the context of Autonomous Robotics and Autonomous Agents.
Simbad is not intented to provide a real world simulation and is kept voluntarily readable and simple.
Simbad enables programmers to write their own robot controller, modify the environment and use the available sensors. Don't think of it as a finite product but merely as an opened framework to test your own ideas.
- 3D visualization and sensing.
- Single or Multi-robots simulation.
- Vison Sensors : Color monoscopic camera.
- Range Sensors : sonars and IR.
- Contact Sensor : bumpers.
- Swing User interface for control.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- New Features:
- Python support via jython.
- PicoEvo and PicoNode (see below).
- Contrib directory containing contributed software to Simbad.