Sigma Chess is one of the best free Mac chess games available to download. Sigma Chess has a true perspective 3D color chess board.
Instruct Sigma Chess to annotate games with its analysis, or add your own free text annotations including diagrams and move suffixes.
Adjust the playing strength to your own level simply by setting the ELO rating for Sigma Chess, and choose among the many playing modes, levels and styles.
You can choose among the various piece sets, board types, types of move notation, colour schemes, the true perspective 3D board etc.
Sigma Chess is a master strength Macintosh chess program for both OS X and Classic Mac OS.
· Monitor: 800 x 600 resolution or higher with thousands or millions of colours.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Now bundled with the new HIARCS 13.2 engine! This engine is a Universal Binary and thus runs at full speed on Intel Macs. Additionally, a multi processor version is available for even stronger play.
· NEW Now bundled with the unregistered version of the new Deep Junior 12 engine! (Only runs on Intel Macs).
· Fixed a bug when deleting games from a collection.
· Fixed a bug with incorrect score signs when analyzing games & collections.