Second Life gives you the possibility to connect to the Second Life network and allows you to communicate with your friends and explore locations.
Second Life provides a 3D environment and when you enter the environment for the first time, you will be placed on the Welcome Island.
In the Second Life world you can walk, stand, sit, fly, teleport and zoom with your camera. Explore various locations, do what you like and have fun with your friends from anywhere in the world.
Here are some key features of "Second Life":
· Voice Chat is now enabled by default to allow Residents to hear other Residents.
· A microphone is required to speak to other Residents.
· Push-to-Talk is the default mode for transmitting voice.
· These settings can be modified via the Voice Chat tab of the Preferences dialog.
· The user interface for parcel and estate access has been clarified and improved.
· Added the ability to restrict access to parcels and estates to age verified adults.
· Removed the ability to *ban* access to Residents who have provided payment info or who have used payment info. We continue to support the ability to *allow* access to only those who have provided payment info.
· Internet Connection: Cable or DSL.
· Minimum: Computer Processor 1 GHz G4 or better; Recommended: Computer Processor 1.25 GHz G4 or better.
· Minimum: Computer Memory 512 MB or more; Recommended: Computer Memory 1 GB or more.
· Minimum: Graphics Card - ATI Radeon 9200 and above or ATI Radeon X Series or NVIDIA GeForce 2, GeForce 4 or NVIDIA GeForce 5000 Series and above; Recommended: Graphics Card - ATI: X1600, X1900, X2400, X2600 or NVIDIA: 6800, 7600, 7800, 8800.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· CHOP-947[c] Version meta-data is not included in TeamCity build results page.
· CHOP-920[c] Update login.cgi to query Viewer Version Manager
· CHOP-913[c] Viewer changes for parallel candidate testing
· CHOP-948[c] The setting "Willing to update to release candidates" cannot be disabled.
· CHUI-967[c] Crash on startup
· MAINT-2628[c] Almost instant repeatable crash at a particular location
· MAINT-2724[c] 3.5.2 Viewer Crashing on Windows 7 with new accounts
· NORSPEC-196[c] CLONE - Regular 1/4 second "Idle" frame pauses in Materials Beta 3.6.0 (276155)