Robocode is a Mac OS X package (.app) of the well known Java Programming Game.
Robocode allows you to easily test your programming skills by creating robots that follow precise algorithms. They will battle each other in the arena.
· Java 5.0 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug-358: Robot in default package cannot write to files. Should at least get a warning.
· BorderSentry interface: Added a new robot type (the BorderSentry) that allows you to implement sentry robots.
· The Border Sentry robot is dedicated to Liam Noonan from Limerick Institute of Technology and Robocode Ireland in general. :-)
· The inspiration for this type of robot comes from the TV series named Robot Wars.
· Border sentry robots are used for guarding the borders of the battlefield and hence are useful against "wall crawlers" that try to hide at the borders like e.g. ``sample.Corners`` and ``sample.Walls``.
· Border sentry robots...
· have 400 additional energy points meaning that a border sentry robot starts with 500 energy points!
· only appear at the borders of the battlefield, when a new round is started defined by the "border sentry size", which is a game rules that can be adjusted similar to other game ...