Python PyGame Tower Defense is a free and open source, fun tower defense game written in Python with PyGame.
NOTE: To run Python PyGame Tower Defense on your Mac you will have to open a Terminal window and, after navigating to the game's folder, issue this command from the command line: python game.py
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Each Basic map now gives +1 Tower and +5 Starting Money.
· Added customization options for each Tower's image.
· Added a main menu, allowing to pick maps from a better interface, as well as edit tower images to your liking. Will also accommodate an options menu, in the future.
· Added menu functionality for rearranging tower abilities, as well as implemented automatic saving of changes to tower abilities and images.
· Converted the format for mapproperties.txt files, allowing for ease of entry, as well as multiple different types of enemies in the same wave.
· Upgrades now rarely modify tower costs. Pumping up towers while increasing base costs was counter-intuitive. Now, each copy of a tower you place increases the cost of further towers of that type. This will incentivize spreading out tower abilities.
· Enemies now have an element of randomness in their walk.
· Enemies now rotate their images, based on their temporary destination.
· Enemy waves now come automatical...