Puzzle Maker enables you to create custom crossword puzzles and word searches from your own words and clues.
To begin, you first need to input the words and clues you want. A list of words and associated clues is known as a dictionary.
Launch the dictionary window by clicking the Dictionary button in the toolbar. Enter your words and their associated clues into the dictionary table (no single letter words). Double click on the dictionary table to add a new word and clue.
Once you have finished creating your dictionary, from the toolbar select Crossword or Word Search as your Puzzle Type and click Build Puzzle.
After the crossword is built, you can adjust the properties of the puzzle and the document using the Inspector panel.
Examples including displaying the puzzle's solution, changing text, and changing the page orientation. To launch the inspector, click the Inspector button in the toolbar.
If you want to save your work, simply select File->Save from the application menu.
You can also print the puzzle document, by clicking the Print button in the toolbar. Finally, you can export you puzzle to another format (an image, Pages, or web page) by clicking the Export button in the toolbar.
NOTE: To buy Puzzle Maker via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Puzzle Maker":
· Edit Puzzles - Change fonts, add colors and modify layout. Don't settle for a boring black-and-white puzzle.
· Nice Printouts - Tired of your puzzles looking like they were printed off a web site? With Puzzle Maker, your printed puzzles will look great - no website logos, no unwanted text. Print you puzzle document in either portrait or landscape layout.
· Puzzle Preview
· Choose from a selection of possible puzzles for the best pick.
· Export As Image - Export your puzzles to a high quality image (PNG), so they can be included in another document or a website.
· Export To Pages - Need to edit your puzzle document further? Export your puzzles to Pages, the word processor by Apple. Then you can create books and newsletters that include your puzzle. Compatible with Pages '08 and higher.
· Export As A Web Page
· Want to share your puzzle with the world? Puzzle Maker lets you export your puzzle as an interactive web page, so people all over the world can solve your puzzle.
· Unicode support - Supports foreign language and special characters.
· Multi-Core -- High Quality Puzzles, Fast - Puzzle Maker takes advantage of your multi-core Mac to deliver a good-looking puzzle, fast.
· 2 for the price of 1 - Puzzle Maker is both a crossword puzzle maker and a word search maker. Don't use 2 separate programs: create both type of puzzles from the same word lists.
· Printing and exporting is limited to 5 words
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug fixes