Psychomancer is a text-based adventure/RPG game.
Welcome to Torenheim, the latest of a plethoria of fantasy realms. Magic, known as the Essence, runs as freely as air and water in this world. Warlocks and wytches have dedicated their studies to mastering and controlling the Essence. Psychomancer features Myrlandria, an initiate wytch.
Psychomancer is an adventure/RPG game, somewhat in the same flavor as Sierra On-line's Quest for Glory games. In it's current incarnation, it is a text based game, fused with the air of nostalgia of the parser games from 20 years ago.
Select one of the four magical disciplines (Sorcery, Elementalism, Psychomancy, Spirit) to help your sorceress, Myrlandria, escape from the Angwyn Cult temple. Puzzles will result in different solutions, depending on which discipline you decide to follow.
This is just a small sample of what the real game will be like, except the final product will be a full fledged game with graphics, sound, and Sacred Kewpie Dolls. The full version of Psychomancer will be done when it is done, which might take until year 2010.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Universal Binary version for Mac OS X for PowerPC and Intel-based Macs.
· New spells for the Spirit Mage (Astral Shield and Death Wish).
· Fire Wind spell has higher minimum damage.
· Fire Spear causes random amounts of damage instead of just 7 LP.
· Acid Burn causes damage over the course of the battle.
· Aura works better in battle.
· You can look at the items in your inventory by typing 'look' and the name of the item.
· New additions and changes to quests for the Elementalist and Spirit Mage.
· Drinking potions works correctly to restore LP and EP.
· Elixirs now restore 8 LP and 4 EP.
· Fixed major inventory bugs.
· New puzzle locks.
· Added additional quirky descriptions and responses.
· Several new easter eggs were added, especially in regards to cheat codes. Try the cheat codes of various id Software or Quest For Glory games to see if anything happens...
· Many, many other bug fixes and improvements.