PCSX is a straightforward OS X application that provides the necessary tools to load and run PSOne ROM files.
PCSX features a user-friendly interface from which you can easily run a wide variety of PSOne games.
Thanks to the Freeze and Defrost features you will be able to manage your game sessions. These features come in handy especially when you have to save or resume your game.
The Freeze and Defrost options are available via the File menu and you can use a total of six slots, three for each function.
By accessing the Preferences window, you can easily enable or disable various Hacks such as the SIO or the SPU IRQ.
You also have the option to choose the system region and turn on or off the CD and the XA audio.
On top of that, the included configurable plugins such as P.E.Op.S SPU plugin and P.E.Op.S GPU plugins ensure a smooth and pleasant game experience.
Here are some key features of "PCSX":
- User-friendly interface
- Support for up to two players
- Native CD-ROM support
- Freeze and defrost features
- Support for Memory Card saves
- Updated look for plugin about boxes
- Pcsx: Made the emulator pause when it's not active
- Pcsx: Changed save state naming format to make them unique for a single game
- Pcsx: Fixed a serious stability bug for freeze saves when using a BIOS
- Pcsx: Increased emulation speed for dynarec mode :)
- Pcsx: Fixed a bug in the exception firing mechanism - final fantasy tactics now works correctly
- Pcsx: Made some progress toward making the timing of dynarec and regular mode exactly the same
- Pcsx: Implemented a faster way to handle self-modifying code in dynarec mode
- Pcsx: Fixed a bug that caused PCSX to ignore the default system region setting causing weirdness in PAL games
- PeopsSoftGL: Fullscreen mode now uses a 4:3 aspect ratio
- PeopsSoftGL: Partially updated to 1.16 sources
- PeopsSoftGL: Added a configuration dialog and about box
- PeopsSoftGL: Improved frame skipping code (no idle loops)
- PeopsSPU: Added a hack to make XA audio play smoothly in some cases at least