OpenUHS is a free and open source Universal Hint System reader.
It's a game assistant that gradually reveals hints/images in a non-linear FAQ-like manner rather than spoiling everything as a walkthrough would. Over 500 games are known to the UHS repository.
OpenUHS is the only 3rd party reader that can decrypt all hints from even modern hint files.
· Java Runtime Environment 1.4.0 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added a Find button to the downloader.
· Moved user-configurable settings unto a third tab.
· Added a setting for the reader's font size.
· Fixed notices in UHSFetcher that weren't using the logging interface.
· Fixed the "Saved my.uhs" log message, miscategorized as "Error".
· Fixed threading issues that could cause hangs.