Free and open source port for the classic first-person-shooter Doom
Odamex is a tool that runs on multiple platforms including Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
NOTE: In order to play Odamex you need to have the original DOOM executables, available as WAD files.
- Out-of-the-box Standard Doom key bindings and settings for client and server
- Doom2.exe gameplay-related nuances have been reimplemented as standard
- Nuanced mouse code that replicates the precise feel of using the mouse in doom2.exe
- Demo playback support (recording coming soon) for both Doom LMP demos and a new, Odamex-specific demo format (LMP compatibility with doom2.exe is provided)
- Functional Deathmatch and Cooperative game modes, single player is also supported.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- -Fix a crash that occurred when WAD files are loaded during the screen-wipe and the "burn" screen-wipe type is selected.
- r_forceenemycolor and r_forceteamcolor cvars no longer have an effect for spectators since spectators are not considered members of a team.
- Fix a bug that created a shaking-effect if step-mode debugging was used with frame-rates > 35.
- Fix a bug that prevented the user from binding controls to mouse buttons from the options menu.