Moonlight Mahjong is a unique, fun puzzle game that takes full advantage of a multitouch trackpad, but also can be played with a mouse.
Intuitive control allows you to tilt and turn in virtual reality, allowing you to more easily see the tiles on the board.
Moonlight Mahjong features four types of play:
Scramble Mode (the default): Make matches faster than the automated opponent "Tilebot" through increasingly difficult levels. The board is automatically reshuffled when you run out of matches, making this game mode easy (to start!) and fun. Once you have scored high enough in the game, you can also start on Level 11 with "Lion Scramble" or Level 21 with "Dragon Scramble" modes.
Challenge Mode: Compete against Tilebot in full puzzle mode, with no automatic reshuffling, only undo. Challenge requires more strategy than Scramble.
Puzzle Mode: Solve puzzle boards with no time limit. Choose any layouts you like; no high scores.
Relaxation Mode: Clear boards with no time limit and automatic reshuffle when out of matches. Perfect for when you're just not in the mood to strategize or rush.
NOTE: To download Moonlight Mahjong via the App Store an Apple account is required.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for high resolution graphics on the MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
· Proper full screen support on OS X 10.7 "Lion" and later.
· When you lose in Scramble mode, the "Try Again" button goes back only 5 levels, instead of all the way back to level 1 (assuming you made it past level 6).
· The "Lion Scramble" and "Dragon Scramble" game modes are replaced by "New Game
· Level 10" and "New Game - Level 20" menu options, once you've reached 100,000 and 300,000 points in Scramble mode. This amounts to the same functionality as before, but is perhaps clearer.
· A "New Game - Level 30" menu option is enabled once you've scored 600,000 points in Scramble mode.
· You can now use the space bar to quickly pause or unpause game.
· Added an option in Preferences to turn off free tile highlighting, for those who have asked. You are encouraged to keep tile hightlighting turned on; it is part of the game.
· Fixed an issue where the app would crash on startup if certain system fonts were disabled.
· Support fo...