Minetest-c55 is one of the first InfiniMiner/Minecraf inspired games with a goal of taking the survival multiplayer gameplay to a slightly different direction.
You can build houses, dig, climb, or just about anything you want. Minetest-c55 is available for the Mac OS X, Windows and Linux platforms.
Here are some key features of "Minetest-c55":
· Survival mode with inventory and crafting. This mode is being currently developed.
· Creative mode with infinite blocks at your disposal. This is a by-product of making the actual game and not the actual focus of development.
· Multiplayer support for N players
· Awesome dynamic lighting (quite similar to Minecraft)
· Almost infinite world (limited to +-31000 blocks in all directions at the moment)
· Infinite map generator
· Runs natively on Windows, Linux and OS X
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Slightly better looking inventory (transparency)
· Fix the long-existed PeerNotFound loop bug
· Some translations and localization-related fixes
· Lots of small fixes, once again
· Using chosen map seed is now possible through fixed_map_seed configuration option
· Map is now saved in an SQLite database
· Fixed the nasty server-side infinite PeerNotFound loop