Minecraft Portable is a wrapper for the Minecraft launcher that makes it store all data in the same directory as the game, making it completely portable.
Minecraft is available for both Mac OS X and Windows platforms.
Here are some key features of "Minecraft Portable":
· Keeps all of the Minecraft data in one, easy to manage folder.
· Allows you to easily run multiple copies of Minecraft at the same time, all you need to do is make a separate folder for each Minecraft Portable installation and you're good to go!
· Automatically downloads the launcher, so there's no need to download/update them manually yourself from the site.
· Easy to use - no complicated DLLs or multiple files. Just download the zip, extract the executable, and run it.
· Auto-login support. Add your username, password, and server URL (optional) to the configuration file, and Minecraft Portable will automatically pass it to the Minecraft Launcher. For safeguarding, it erases the username and password from the configuration and instead stores it in an encrypted data file for future access.
· Support for Java Portable. Install Java Portable (provided below) to the 'mcp_data' folder (can be found in the same directory as Minecraft Portable after first launch).
· Ability to run a portable Minecraft server using Java Portable
· Extremely easy to add custom Java arguments (to increase memory, for example) - all you need to do is edit the configuration file in 'mcp_data'.