Mednafen is a portable, utilizing OpenGL and SDL, argument (command-line)-driven multi-system emulator with many advanced features.
Mednafen emulates the Atari Lynx, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy (Color), NES, Neo Geo Pocket (Color), PC Engine(TurboGrafx 16), SuperGrafx, PC-FX, and WonderSwan (Color).
Mednafen has the ability to remap hotkey functions and virtual system inputs to a keyboard, a joystick, or both simultaneously. Save states are supported, as is real-time game rewinding. Screen snapshots may be taken at the press of a button, and are saved in the popular PNG file format.
Due to the threaded model of emulation used in Mednafen, and limitations of SDL, a joystick is preferred over a keyboard to play games, as the joystick will have slightly less latency, although the latency differences may not be perceptible to most people.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed the rectangle calculation for screen rotation with Lynx and WonderSwan to use X scale and Y scale values appropriately(they were reversed before; also, assuming square pixels on your monitor. Rotation still poses a problem in fullscreen with the default settings, however.
· Fixed an off-by-one error in the software SDL graphics rotation code(used for Lynx and WonderSwan).
· Fixed a race condition that could cause rapid oscillation between fullscreen and windowed when trying to toggle it. ...and fixed a race condition that could cause oscillations when rotating the screen with Lynx and WonderSwan emulation.
· SexyAL: The return values of ALSA functions are now treated as errors only if they're less than 0, rather than non-zero as before. Thanks to R.L. for pointing this out.
· The default "nethost" setting is now "fobby.net" instead of "mednafen.com". The latter was allowed to expire and lost to domain squatters some time ago. Domain squatters cause desires to commit grievous face-stabb...