Maratis is a unique, open source, easy to use, portable, simple and visual game development tool designed for artists and developers.
Maratis works on Windows, Mac and iPhone, and can be virtually used on every platform.
Use a simple Lua scripting language or have access to the full Engine in C++.
Here are some key features of "Maratis":
· Editor based environment
· Light and powerful Engine (MCore + MEngine), portable, both previous and next generation (Fixed pipeline and Shader based pipeline)
· Per pixel lightning, custom shaders (glsl), normal map, dynamic shadows, animated meshs…
· Multilayered uvMaps (custom multitexture, baked light map, etc)
· Bullet physics, 3D sound, Font system (can load TTF)
· Standard image and sound format (TGA, JPG, PNG, WAV, AIF, OGG…)
· Lua scripting language
· C++ SDK
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved Lua API
· Performances improvement using SSE instructions and vertex buffers
· Better 3d navigation, with adaptive center of view
Assimp integration, Maratis is now able to read multiple 3d formats (Collada, .obj, .md3, full list):
· using « Add entity » is you want to use the model as-it
· or using « File > Import 3d model » to convert the model into Maratis xml mesh format
· note that all meshs are optimized and converted to binary during publishing