A skat game written in Java
You can play over the internet on the International Skat Server against the strongest Skat AI players known today or against other human players.
JSkat is developed in the Java programming language and can be run on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
- Skat rules:
- Playing according to the official rules of the International Skat Players Association (ISPA-World)
- Play suit, grand and null games
- Games are passed in if no player bids
- Playing pub rules like Kontra, Ramsch and Bock (planned)
- Calculation of wins and losses after each game
- For the time being, there are three AI Skat players available for JSkat:
- A player with careful bidding, a basic opponent intelligence and single player AI.
- Neuronal network
- A player that uses neural networks for calculating it's strategy.
- Mr. Random
- A random player only for testing and driving the other players nuts.
- Cheat/Debug mode:
- Look into the cards of the other skat players
- Go through all tricks after die end of a game
- Watch three AI players against themselves
- Other features:
- Saving data in XML files (planned)
- Multilanguage support
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed a lot of the most annoying errors that caused JSkat to freeze or behave strangely.
- There are new card sets to choose in the options dialog.