JOGRE (Java Online Gaming Real-time Engine) is a free and open-source, easy to use, online, real-time gaming engine and API programmed entirely in Java.
By using JOGRE it is easy to create powerful multi-player games which people can join from anywhere in the world.
JOGRE is designed to be an open-source equivalent to popular gaming websites such as Yahoo! Games.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Eleven new games:
· Generic abstract board components for hexagonal and triangular boards.
· Player components which provide another way to join a table.
· Game generator which creates the basic files, which all games use, by simply supplying a game_key and using templates. These files include Java source, ANT scripts, batch and properties files.
· Much improved graphics, including a JOGRE title images which each game must have on to the top left and a game specific image on the top right.
· New glass pane which can be use to draw graphics over the top of games. It is used by the API to inform users to click "start" and also displaying game over messages etc.
· Full database support for persistent data in the jogre server i.e. implementation of ServerDataDB class. Database access is achieved using the iBatis library. Also if a JOGRE server is running its data persistence as a database for the first time, it will run a load script which creates tables, populates test data etc. MySQL and HSQLDB da...