Illuminations is an action game centered around fireworks.
The goal of the Illuminations is to shoot the rising rockets in order to set them off. Do a good job and you'll create a spectacular show of light. Miss too many rockets, and it's game over.
Enemies will spawn to slow down your attempts. Shoot them as well to add to the show, and to prevent them from stopping you. Each rocket you miss will lower the crowd excitement meter, as will each stun shot you receive from enemies. Hitting rockets will raise the meter.
The Illuminations game is over when the meter reaches zero.
NOTE: To purchase/download Illuminations via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Illuminations":
- Gorgeous 3D graphics with classic arcade gameplay.
- 3 gameplay modes: Arcade, Remix, and Freestyle.
- 6 enemy types and 5 weapons to take them down with.
- Anaglyph 3D mode for those with red/blue 3D glasses. Now you can explode fireworks in 3D! (Mac and iPad versions only)
- Hours of entertainment! Hundreds of levels! Easy to learn, hard to master!
- OpenGL compatible video card
- Removed OpenFeint from iOS versions and added and improved Game Center support.
- Updated background city.
- Updated higher resolution graphics.
- Added retina support on Mac and iPad, and added widescreen support on iPhone.
- Added iCade support on iOS.
- Added sensitivity option for tilt movement on iOS.
- New in-game interface for clearing high scores, ending the game, and name entry.
- New app icon.
- Lots of minor bug fixes.