You are the last of your kind. Bred for combat, built for war. You will fight on foot, in vehicles, in the air and beneath the surface of a mysterious alien ring orbiting in the depths of space.
Recognized as one of the greatest achievements in video game entertainment, the Xbox version of Halo has already sold over 3 million units and continues to be a top seller.
The Macintosh version adds new vehicles, new weapons, new maps, 16-person online multiplayer, customizable multiplayer games, the precision of playing with a mouse and keyboard and more.
Here are some key features of "Halo":
· Intense Online Multiplayer Shootouts
· Halo for Macintosh lets you compete against 15 other Mac or Windows users on the Internet or a Local Area Network.
· Take the battle online with gamers all over the world in a variety of individual and team-based games such as King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, Race, Oddball, Death Match, and more.
· Cutting-Edge Graphics
· Halo for Macintosh looks great on just about any modern video card. And, it is one of the very first games to take advantage of the "pixel shaders" found in the most recent NVIDIA and ATI video cards. Grass is thick. Vehicles shine in the sunlight. Alien buildings reflect like mirrors, and much more.
· Additionally, Halo for Macintosh supports video resolutions up to 1600x1200 for remarkable visual clarity.
· Mouse and Keyboard
· Even if you've played Halo on the Xbox, you'll find a whole new experience in playing Halo on a Macintosh through the precision of a mouse and keyboard.
· New Weapons
· The Fuel Rod Gun for multiplayer is of Covenant origin. It's an arching, lob-type weapon similar to a grenade launcher. With firepower roughly on par with the rocket launcher, you can decimate opponents over obstacles and defenses.
· The Flame Thrower -- burn, baby, burn!
· New Vehicles
· It's true! You may now fly the Banshee in multiplayer games. Plus, there's a new Rocket-equipped Warthog, and you can also control Covenant Gun Turrets in multiplayer.
· New Maps
· Halo for Macintosh includes six all-new multiplayer maps. Two examples of these are Timberland and Gephyrophobia.
· Customizable Multiplayer Games
· Halo's new custom gametype interface gives you much more control over how the game spawns weapons and vehicles. Want to give the red team one Scorpion and the blue team two Banshees and a Warthog? Now you can. In addition to setting the specific quantities, you can also manipulate the re-spawn timer.
· 800MHz G4/G5 or faster processor
· 256MB RAM
· 32MB AGP Video Card (GeForce 2MX/ATI 7500 or better)
· 1.4GB hard disk space
· Internet or LAN connection required for online play.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Mac Universal Binary build is now in sync with PC version 1.09.