Galactic Core is a game of exploration, strategy and carnage in the depths of space. You play one of six unique species locked in lethal warfare.
Hop from planetto planet, colonizing the new worlds, creating new fleets, and attempting tooverwhelm the enemy. Decide what to research, how to exploit the resourcesof your worlds, and what to build. Choose between huge warships and unusualstrategic vessels, like planet killers or holographic vessels.
Galactic Core comes with six campaigns, designed to provide many hours ofchallenge and torment. When you have completed them, however, the game isfar from done.
Use the campaign editor to make your own scenarios, anddownload new ones off the net. You can ask Galactic Core provide a random level for you to conquer.
Galactic Core Screenshot 3Galactic Core is a complex and exciting game of exploration and conquest, designed to be accessible to the novice player. Don't worry about wading through unending rules. Just get out there and seize the galaxy!
Here are some key features of "Galactic Core":
· Play one of six different species
· 36 unique ships including Remote Starbases, Planet Killers, Holographic Vessels
· 24 research options including Transwarp Drive, Psychological Nerve Agent, Low Orbit Shielding
· You can run multiplayer e-mail games
· Play one of 24 built-in scenarios organised across 6 campaigns
· A scenario creation utility is included so you can construct your own campaigns
· Play on customisable random maps
· Make strategic use of the surrounding asteroid belts and Nebula clouds
· Multiple assault options including orbital bombing, landing ground troops, or simply vaporising the outer shell of the planet
· Planetary based construction involving a variety of different structures
· Galactic Core takes full advantage of large monitors
· Built in tutorial to help you get into the action
· Full context sensitive popup help
· PowerPC (150 MHz or higher recommended)
· 24MB free RAM
· 18MB disk space
· 640 by 480 monitor displaying thousands of colours (800 by 600 recommended)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Multiplayer games no longer require separate registration keys.